WoW Gold: Timewalking – Ahn’kahet: The Old Kingdom Guide 2
WoW Gold: Elder Nadox Strategy
The Elder Nadox encounter can be summed up as an adds fight. DPS must focus on prioritizing specific adds that come out that may cause a devastating wipe and they must also be able to do some light AoE on add packs. Elder Nadox will only ever focus on the tank while afflicting him/her with Brood Plague, a moderately painful DoT.
At 50% health, Elder Nadox will begin summoning additional spiders and Nerubians that spawn from the eggs all over the room.
Ahn’kahar Swarmers have very low health and deal low to moderate melee damage. These are the adds that must be AoE’d together.
One Ahn’kahar Guardian will also spawn, protecting all other enemies (including Elder Nadox) with Guardian Aura, preventing all damage dealt to these targets
The Guardian will also debuff its target with Deadly Poison, which stacks, becoming more dangerous the longer the Guardian lives. Because of this, the Guardian is the TOP priority, even over Nadox. Tunneling DPS will be a sure wipe for an inexperienced group.
Only one Guardian will ever spawn throughout the fight, but the smaller spiders will continuously spawn at regular intervals. Elder Nadox will periodically buff one of the Swarmers with Brood Rage, increasing its health pool and the damage it deals. However, even with this buff, they aren’t at all a problem as they could simple be cleaved.
WoW Gold – Tank’s Responsibilities:
- Tank the boss in the middle of the room. It’s also fine if you want to tank him where he stands.
- Take the Guardian once it spawns and focus on it to help with DPS.
- Keep threat with the Swarmers and cleave like your life depended on it.
- Rotate def CDs and active mitigation skills properly to cope with Brood Plague.
Buy WoW Gold – DPS Responsibilities:
- GUARDIAN, GUARDIAN, GUARDIAN!
- AoE tiny adds.
- Prioritize the Brood Rage’d swarmer.
If you have Swarmers attacking you while being buffed by Guardian Aura, use a def CD to help out your healer.
WoW Gold – Healer’s Responsibilities:
- Heavy Tank Healing due to keeping AoE threat.
- Dispel whatever you can from the tank that isn’t Brood Plague.
- Take care of Swarmers buffed with Guardian Aura due to them not having any threat from other players on them due to their invulnerability. An AoE taunt, however, will be able to take them off you. Regardless, take care of your own health too. Pop a Def CD.
- Take care of overzealous DPS that may get aggro from the swarmers for the first few moments that they spawn and might need a burst of healing because they’ll be burst down by the tons of swarmers.