[Guide] Farming the Serpentshrine Cavern for WoW Gold Hunters Part 7.2: Lady Vashj
You’ve almost conquered the Serpentshrine Cavern, World of Warcraft adventurers! There is one final boss to beat: Lady Vashj. On the previous articles, which you may read here if you haven’t yet, we talked about the Serpentshrine Cavern, how to get there and the 5 other bosses to encounter in the dungeon namely: Hydross the Unstable, The Lurker Below, Leotheras the Blind, Fathom-Lord Karathress and Morogrim Tidewalker. On part one of this particular article we introduced Lady Vashj. This article, on the other hand, is the last of the series and contains in depth information of her powerful abilities and a strategic guide on how to defeat her. Read on below for more information.
Before Engaging Lady Vashj for WoW Gold Hunters
Group composition is very important in raids and boss fights. Your raid group must consist of at least 2 tanks, 1 Kiter, 7-8 Healers (you need a lot of them because Lady Vashj deals tons of damage), 8-11 ranged DPS and 4-7 melee DPS. Make sure your tanks are equipped with the best armor and raiding gear when you buy wow gold. Lady Vashj has the nasty habit of summoning a horde of adds to aid her in battle and the tanks will surely take a lot of damage.
Lady Vashj: Skills and Abilities for WoW Gold Hunters
Phase 1 & 3:
- Shoot is a ranged ability that deals 4,000-5,500 damage to a single primary target at a time.
- Multi-shot is also a ranged ability that deals 6,500-7,500 damage to a target player and damages 4 other nearby players as well.
- Shock Blast is an ability that targets random players, dealing nature damage of up to 9000 and stunning them for 5 seconds.
- Entangle is an ability to entangle targets within 15 yards, immobilizing them for up to 10 seconds and damaging them for 500 per tick.
- Static Charge is a debuff that does 2000 damage per tick and anyone within 5 yards for up to 15 seconds.
- Forked Lightning is Lady Vashj’s ability to summon bolts of lightning to smite her enemies in a frontal cone dealing 2,300-2,600 nature damage.
During the battle with Lady Vashj, she will summon adds to aid her in the fight. There are a number of different adds that spawn during phase 2 of the battle.
- Enchanted Elemental
- Immune to frost damage and effects
- Immune to snares and crowd control
- Slowly moves towards Lady Vashj and helps enhance her damage output by 5% if it reaches her
- Tainted Elemental
- Poison Spit – is an ability that hits a random target, dealing 1885-2115 nature damage plus an 8 second poison debuff for 2000 damage per tick
- Immune to frost effects and damage
- Does not move
- Despawns after 15 seconds
- Drops a Tainted Core when killed
- Coilfang Elite
- Immune to Fear
- Coilfang Strider
- 4500 – 8000 melee attacks on tanks, one-shots anything else
- Mind Blast is its ability to deal 2,313-2,687 shadow damage
- Panic Aura is an 8 yard AoE that inflicts Fear every tick for 4 sec duration
- Toxic Spore Bats
- Toxic Spores is its poison ability to summon a cloud of toxins dealing AoE 1,500 nature damage per second
How to Defeat Lady Vashj: A Strategic Guide for WoW Gold Hunters
Healers play a big role in this fight as the main goal is to keep everyone alive. Lady Vashj’s attacks deal tons of damage that may be lethal if the Healers aren’t paying attention. The group should spread out and keep distance from each other to minimize the damage dealt by her Static Charge ability.
A Shaman player should be with the Main Tank group and constantly buff them with Grounding Totem to be able to significantly nullify the Shock Blast. Paladins, on the other hand, should be ready to buff all rooted tanks and melee fighters with Blessing of Freedom.
Once a player is hit with Static Charge, said player must move away from all other members of the group to avoid affecting anyone else.
Once Lady Vashj reaches 70% health she will retreat to the center of her platform and will enclose herself with a shield making her invulnerable. The shield is powered by 4 shield generators that must be disabled in order to deactivate the shield. Tainted Cores are used to do so and are dropped by Tainted Elementals from each generator.
During Phase 2, the group must split tasks. 1 group will be tasked to disable the generators to deactivate Lady Vashj’s shield and the others shall take care of the adds and mobs.
The first group must slaughter the Tainted Elementals to be able to get the Tainted Cores. They must be quick as these adds despawn after 15 seconds. Have one player standing by the generator. Once a Tainted Core is looted, the players must toss it leather ball style to other players until it reaches the one stationed at a generator. One small quirk will paralyze its holder so it is important to stay on your toes!
Once the shield has been deactivated your group may proceed to engage Lady Vashj again. She will continue to use her abilities on the group, much like in Phase 1, but this time will additionally spawn Spore Bats.
Make sure that all Phase 2 adds are killed. Have Warlocks and Hunters keep the Spore Bats at bay so they don’t cause much of a problem.