The Bestiary: A WoW Gold Hunters’ Guide to Maexxna
Killing beasts and bosses can earn you a generous amount of WoW gold in the World of Warcraft, which is why monster-hunting is particularly famous for WoW gold hunters who chase after challenge. This guide will cover how to defeat Maexxna in a 10 to 25-man raid. Maexxna is the third boss of the Arachnid Quarter in Naxxramas. Find out more in the article below.
Maexxna’s 25-Man Abilities for WoW Gold Hunters
- WEB WRAP – Cast at the 20 second mark, and then every 40 seconds after that, it sends three players straight back to the web wall, encasing them in a cocoon and incapacitating them. This ability sends the player backwards, and they can therefore control the location of their cocoons on the wall. When encased, 650 to 850 Nature damage is done every 2 seconds. The cocoon, which has about 6,000 health, can be destroyed from the outside, though some people may be freed and take 300 – 700 falling damage when he/she hits the ground. You can use a PvP Trinket when you buy WoW gold to get out of this.
- WEB SPRAY – Cast every 40 seconds incapacitating everyone for 8 seconds, and dealing 1750 – 2250 Nature damage. This ability cannot be resisted, and the only way to avoid it is to actually be dead, haveFlask of Petrification, have Divine Intervention, or be already incapacitated by Web Wrap.
- POISON SHOCK – Does 1750 – 2250 Nature damage in a 15 yard frontal cone.
- NECROTIC POISON – Reduces healing taken by 90% for 30 seconds. This needs to be cleansed immediately.Abolish Poison is the most effective way to remove it during the Web Spray.
- ENRAGE – At 30% health, Maexxna will enrage, increasing attack speed and dealing significantly more damage to raid members.
- SPIDER SPAWN – 8-10 Small spiders are spawned at the 30 second mark, and then every 40 seconds after that. They hit very fast, but only for 100-150 damage, and only have about 4k health. They have to be grouped up and AoE’d before the Web Spray commences.
For Maexxna’s 10-man abilities, they’re the same, only they deal more damage. For example, Poison Shock in a 10-man raid inflicts 3500 – 4500 Nature damage instead.
25-Man Strategy to Defeating Maexxna for WoW Gold Hunters
This will be a quick boss encounter that will take roughly 2–3 minutes and hinges almost entirely on keeping the tank alive from Web Spray. You will need one tank to mitigate the damage. The tank should pull Maexxna near a wall and face her towards the centre of the room, while the other raid members position themselves behind Maexxna. Ranged DPS classes should focus on killing cocoons. At the 30 second mark, Mages will need to be on top of Maexxna to cast Frost Nova upon the Maexxna spiderlings. At this point, the raid needs to AoE them down within 10 seconds before Web Spray. If any are left alive, it is likely they will kill someone during it since they attack very quickly. Healers will need to apply Abolish Poison and all of their heal-over-time effects on the tank just before Web Spray. It is advisable to stop DPS at 33% and wait for a Web Spray, then blow all cooldowns to kill Maexxna so that she never does a Web Spray while frenzied, which will definitely kill the party’s tank.
10-Man Strategy to Defeating Maexxna for WoW Gold Hunters
The tank should pull Maexxna to the leftmost suspended block, and then turn her around so she faces the opposite block. Melee DPS should stand behind her and the ranged DPS and healers should stand further away. Once the fight starts, make sure shamans set poison cleansing totems down, otherwise the other healing classes need to dispel the poisons Maexxna casts. Designate 1 or 2 DPS to monitor when she casts Web Wrap and to subsequently shoot the other WoW gold hunters out of the webs. Designate another DPS to snare the spiderlings she summons, either use a mage with Frost Nova, or something like a death knight to aggro the spiderlings as they come. Make sure the spiderlings are killed quickly because Maexxna casts Web Spray just after summoning her adds. Healers need to watch for poisoned targets, as well as topping the raid off, before Web Spray is cast. She soft enrages at 30%, and is easily killed after that.